For Immediate Release:
WE THE PEOPLE DEMAND ACTION!
IT’S TIME FOR THE 115th CONGRESS TO DO ITS JOB ENACTING PRESIDENT TRUMP’S BOLD AGENDA TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
NO AUGUST RECESS UNLESS YOU FINISH YOUR WORK!
Dear Leaders and members of the United States Congress:
We pay you dearly for very little work. You receive average base salaries of $174,000 per year and we have very little to show for our investment.
According to the latest measure, the House has an average of only 138 legislative days in a year. The Senate gets down to the real business of voting during only 162 days.
According to a 2013 analysis by the New York Times, the House averages only 18 hours of floor time a week!
President Donald Trump has been working non-stop to fulfill his promises. One Fox News reporter said following this Chief Executive is akin to drinking from a firehose every single day. The President doesn’t take a day off, let alone a month.
Your Congressional Calendar currently calls for a recess stretching from July 29th, all the way through August, and through Labor Day on September 4th!
- The President has urged you to enact a realistic replacement for Obamacare that would remove Federal mandates for coverage, lower premium costs, and use common sense free market solutions to put patients and their doctors back in charge of medical decisions. The House acted; we’re still waiting for the Senate to pass a bill that will address the urgent concerns of every single hard-working American taxpayer. DO YOUR JOB!
- The President has unveiled a bold tax reform plan that would provide long-awaited relief for middle class taxpayers, simplify the tax code to three low rates of 10, 25 & 35 percent, cut the top tax rate for businesses from 35% (a world high) to 15%, offer a personal exemption of $24,000 for a family of 2, kill the “Death Tax,” drop the Alternative Minimum Tax, and eliminate all deductions except for mortgage interest and charitable deductions. This plan would also create a one-time opportunity for businesses to repatriate trillions of dollars currently invested overseas! The tax plan is languishing. America needs the adrenaline now! DO YOUR JOB!
- The President has envisioned the rebuilding of America with a trillion-dollar infrastructure blueprint that would engage public-private partnerships to restore our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports and other essential public assets to make us the envy of the world again. He wants to privatize air traffic control and equip a new non-profit agency with state of the art GPS technology to replace antiquated radar systems dating back to World War II. DO YOUR JOB!
- President Donald Trump has vowed to rebuild our military, care for our veterans, relieve the burden of government over-reach & regulation, lift the burden of crushing taxation, restore hope on Main Street, restore the greatest engine of free enterprise in the history of the world, defeat radical Islamic terrorism, defend our borders, enforce immigration law, and BUILD THAT WALL! The Trump budget must be enacted to rein in the voracious appetite of runaway Federal spending and finally begin to close the gaping sinkhole of deficits that will eventually swallow up everyone! DO YOUR JOB!
- The Senate is working at a snail’s pace to confirm the nominees President Donald Trump needs to fulfill his promises to the American people. We demand that you pick up the pace! Expedite the confirmation of Donald Trump’s Team! DO YOUR JOB!
We elected Donald Trump to rescue America from the abyss! You need to stay on the job to make all of this happen!
WE CALL UPON THE LEADERS AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE AND SENATE TO CANCEL THE AUGUST RECESS!
NO VACATION UNTIL YOU DO YOUR JOB! CANCEL THE RECESS OR WE WILL CANCEL YOUR RE-ELECTION!
Sincerely, Citizens for Trump
Trump to GOP senators: Cancel your recess
Sen. David Perdue of Georgia., Sen. Steve Daines of Montana, Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa, Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, Sen. Mike Rounds of South Dakota, Sen. Luther Strange of Alabama, Sen. Dan Sullivan of Alabama, and Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina.
Recent articles related to No Congressional August Recess 2017:
Rank-And-File House Republicans Say August Recess Should Be Cancelled
Congress Takes Off Over 200 Days Per Year
Colorado’s Ken Buck, other U.S. House members urge Paul Ryan to cancel August recess
GOP considers canceling August recess to salvage agenda
Senators Demand Cancellation Of Congressional Summer Recess
Congress Useless? Maybe Lawmakers Shouldn’t Take 218 Days Off.
Jeff Duncan: Cancel Congress’ August recess to work on agenda
At 150 Days: President Trump Excels while GOP Congress Has Done Nothing
Rep. DeSantis: Congress Should Cancel August Recess to Work on Tax Reform, Health Care
Are Republicans considering canceling their August recess?
TIME FOR CONGRESS TO CANCEL RECESS AND GET TO WORK
Agenda in Doubt, Pressure Builds for Senate to Cancel Recess